Saturday, February 2, 2013

Death by Ironing (nearly)

Mrs. Fred H. Keup nearly suffered death last Thursday in Saunemin while doing her ironing. She was using a gasoline iron and the fumes from it caused her to become unconscious. Mrs. E.L. Chesebro happened in and called Dr. Ross who treated her, bringing her to. After he departed Mrs. Chesebro went home and Mrs. Keup again lapsed off into unconsciousness. Her moans were heard at the Lannon home across the street and Mrs. Lannon rushed to the home and called the doctor. Mrs. Keup quickly recovered and was soon better. She recovered her strength rapidly and suffered no permanent effects.

--Roberts Herald.  22 August 1923.

No comments:

Post a Comment